Junior Web DeveloperApply Now
This position has now been filled. Please visit our careers page for other opportunities.
Job Title: Junior Web Developer
Hours: 9am – 5.30pm Mon-Fri (flexible working with core hours 10am to 4.30pm)
Salary: £21,000 – £26,000 depending on experience
Holiday: 20 days per annum + bank holidays
Healthcare: BUPA cover for permanent employees and dependants
Location: Chesham, Buckinghamshire, (London Zone 9, Metropolitan Line) HP5 1PS (currently partially home working, likely to move to a hybrid model with 3 days in the office per week).
We are on the hunt for a talented junior web developer to join our team, and with our training, become a brilliant Technical SEO. Someone with a passion for programming and formulas, who is tuned in to the latest web technologies and advancements, with ambitions to become an expert in search engine optimisation.
The right candidate will also support the wider SEO team. This would include training, providing feedback and being available to help if needed. We will provide the SEO training for this role however existing knowledge of SEO would be a bonus.
Uprise Up is an award winning, digital agency; focused on supporting charities and socially positive organisations with great digital media. We get up in the morning to make a difference, question mediocrity and never settle.
Our recent award wins include The Drum Europe: Best Use of Data, Non-Profit, the 2021 Drum Global: Best Buy Side Team and Third Sector Business Charity Awards: Marketing Partnership of the Year.
We are a 10 minutes walk from Chesham tube station, nestled in the Buckinghamshire Chiltern Hills.
- Support the wider SEO team with Excel, data processing and technical implementation
- Provide quality assurance by checking technical delivery from colleagues and freelancers
- Identify technical issues and advise on solution or resolve yourself (eg page load speeds, 404s etc)
- Perform SEO Audits (training provided) for optimal:
- Crawling & Indexation
- Site structure
- Link architecture
- On-page ranking factors
- Site speed
- Carry out keyword research with an understanding of user intent, for mapping to relevant content (training provided).
- Monitor and evaluate results and performance
- Report back to clients with clear analysis and recommendations
- Proven expertise in web development/web technology
- Expertise in Excel (formulas, vlookups, pivot tables etc)
- Knowledge of browser development tools
- A scientific mindset with data insight
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Excellent English writing ability
- Experience in tools such as Analytics, Tag Manager, Search Console, ahrefs, Screaming Frog, SEO Monitor, Deepcrawl an advantage
- Champion heart-felt camaraderie
- Bravely grab the standard, and run
- Relentlessly pursue continuous improvement
- Lead the charge for effective, transparent data
- Make the world better
If you are interested, please get in touch at [email protected] with a copy of your CV and a covering letter.
We are looking to fill this position ASAP, so please don’t hesitate to get in touch!
No agencies please (without invitation).
Unfortunately, we are unable to reply to all applicants.